Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Struggle

Let's start with last night....I ate mostly raw for the first part of the day, and then had spaghetti with the fam at night. Although it was mostly all organic, it wasn't raw & I did throw in some garlic bread :( But giving myself a break...I was once told by another raw enthusiast to start of slow..making a complete switch can feel very overwhelming..which is where I feel.

Today I started of with apple and peanut butter, then was starving and ended up having a sandwich and some baked chips....this is where I start feeling overwhelmed. I'm not afraid of sticking anything in the juicer, but am needing recipes and ideas for eating raw meals. Reading Kasey's blog everyday has helped already. I'm starting to make a grocery list of raw foods, to stock the fridge with (it's running really low on fruits and veggies). I'm thinking in investing in a cookbook as well..I need a simple one that isn't overwhelming, as I am a beginner cook to begin with!

My energy level has increased already since yesterday. Starting to switch even slightly has already made an impact. I rated myself at a 4. My goal is to keep working towards eating completely raw!

Keep sending me food ideas of meals...salads are only fun for 1 meal a day :)..I need more options!

Oh and before I go...word to the wise..I made a juice yesterday and put 2 stalks of celery..WOWY that was way too much..it made my juice taste like a salty celery Bloody Mary! Yikes!

Love and Peace!

2 comments:

  1. My juice I made was 1/2 cucumber, 1 orange, 2 strawberries, 2 celery stalks... (next time only use 1 stalk of celery).

    I made Philip a really good one! 1 green apple, 1 kiwi, 3 strawberries DELICIOUS!

    Maylee really enjoys drinking my lemon water :) I'm going to make her some pear juice, but waiting for the pears to age a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged, I don't eat raw everyday, you just try to be conscious of how processed the food you are eating happens to be. Also, don't want to shock the metabolism, love you! Check out the new blogs we are following :)

    ReplyDelete